It was quite a busy week, but I couldn’t resist trying some new recipes. This time I baked some sweet buns!! I have seen this recipe from KookyCulinary for a while already, but I just didn’t have the time and energy to try it until recently. I’m so glad that I pick this recipe (there are really a lot of sweet buns recipes online!!) because it is so simple and tastes good. The bread texture is really soft, just like those sweet buns that we can get from the bakery in Singapore. I had baked and shared some sweet buns with my friends over the weekend, and they love them too!
250 gm bread flour
50 gm castor sugar
1 ½ tsp instant yeast
1 egg yolk
40 gm butter
65 gm water
65 gm milk
½ tsp salt
1. Put ingredients into bread machine according to the specification of your breadmaker.
2. Start the DOUGH ONLY cycle.
3. Shape your dough according to your preference, with or without fillings.
4. Let the dough proof until double size.
5. Bake at 375deg C for about 15mins or until golden brown.
Check out also this blog entry of KookyCulinary to learn how to shape the dough into dinner rolls.